Sewer Building Standards
BUILDING OR BUYING A HOME
Helpful information when connecting to the LRSD
Typical Service Connection Profile:
Below are a few things you will need to know about connecting your new home or rebuild home to the Lakeland Regional Sewer District’s sewer works.
- The sewer district collection system is a low-pressure system.
- The district low-pressure system is a series of connected grinder station that moves the sewage to main lift stations under low pressure then sends it to the wastewater plant for treatment.
- To make your connection to the district sewer works the sewer building standards must be followed for all connections.
- First connection type is your Building Sanitary Drain – This is a gravity pipe line that comes from the house plumping and connects to your Grinder Station.
- Second connection type is your Low-Pressure Sewer Lateral – It connects the grinder station to the low-pressure tapping valve.
- Third connection is the Low-Pressure Tapping Valve – it connects to the district’s low-pressure main line.
- For more information on Connection Requirements, Technical Specifications, Inspection / Acceptance & Drawing Detail. Please review the LRSD New Construction Development Standards Manual.
- You can also pick up a copy at the administration office M-F 9:00 to 5:00 located at 5002 E 100 N Warsaw IN. 46582.